Challenge yourself to learn more about birth by exploring what it takes to become a certified birth doula helping women and their families through birth. A birth doula is a well-trained person who assists families during the birth of their baby. This workshop prepares a person to work as a doula in hospitals, birth centers, and home births. Topics covered include:
- Doula Business Basics
- Finding Clients
- Labor Positioning
- Non-Pharmacological Pain Relief and Comfort Measures (including methods like birth balls, rebozos, etc.)
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Family
- Epidural Anesthesia and the Doula Role in Supporting Families
- Cesarean Birth and the Doula's Role
- How to Become a Certified Doula
- Assisting with Information Gathering
- How to Include Virtual Services
- Breastfeeding for Birth Professionals (3 Hour Course Online)
- Introduction to Childbirth (7 Hour Course)
- and much, much more!
This event is virtual. This is a birth doula workshop approved by DONA International as one step in the process of becoming a certified birth doula.
While many things have changed since Robin Elise Weiss Ph.D., MPH, CLC, AdvCD(DONA), LCCE, FACCE began birth work in 1988, (including the invention of the internet), one thing has remained the same - Robin’s commitment to support and mentor new birth professionals has remained strong.
Guided by both her personal experience of raising eight children and her successful professional and academic experiences that include a Ph.D. in Public Health, Robin is uniquely qualified to support folks as they grow their businesses and gain the confidence and skills they need to be successful perinatal professionals.
Robin is also an author, an amazing and dynamic trainer of both doulas and educators, and a recognized leader in maternal-infant care. Robin has served and continues to serve in leadership roles in perinatal organizations locally and on the international level.
Robin brings over 30 years of relevant experience that is directly applicable to people new to the perinatal field. Her friends describe her as smart, funny and the person to go to when a real, viable solution is needed because Robin makes things happen.