As a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator Robin believes that women and their families deserve to have enough information to make a decision for their best birth. These online classes are focused on increasing confidence and teaching skills that you can’t get from a book or on the Internet.
Topics that these childbirth classes cover includes:
- The pregnant body
- How your body goes into labor
- How your baby experiences labor
- Timing contractions without driving anyone crazy
- False labor versus real labor: Telling the difference
- A variety of relaxation exercises for everyone
- Things that ease labor pain, including epidural anesthesia
- Birth stories and videos
- Labor variations: Short, long, back labor, and more!
- How to push your baby out, including positions to prevent tearing
- Being a good consumer: What questions to ask and how
- Cesarean birth: Why it happens and how to make it family centered
- Breastfeeding basics: Getting started, building a supply, basics of pumping
- Postpartum: The physical and emotional aspects of the new family
- Much more
Every student will be given a class book, all handouts and access to out of class opportunities.
Robin offers group and private childbirth classes based on the Lamaze® Healthy Birth Practices. The courses cover the changes in the end of pregnancy, advocating for the birth you want, birth planning, preparing for labor, positions that help labor progress, comfort measures, epidural anesthesia, relaxation, breathing awareness, cesarean birth, basics of postpartum and much more. While there is no one right way to give birth, it is important that you understand what options are available for you to choose. These classes are appropriate for those desiring a hospital birth or home birth.
While many things have changed since Robin Elise Weiss Ph.D., MPH, CLC, AdvCD(DONA), LCCE, FACCE began birth work in 1988, (including the invention of the internet), one thing has remained the same - Robin’s commitment to support and mentor new birth professionals has remained strong.
Guided by both her personal experience of raising eight children and her successful professional and academic experiences that include a Ph.D. in Public Health, Robin is uniquely qualified to support folks as they grow their businesses and gain the confidence and skills they need to be successful perinatal professionals.
Robin is also an author, an amazing and dynamic trainer of both doulas and educators, and a recognized leader in maternal-infant care. Robin has served and continues to serve in leadership roles in perinatal organizations locally and on the international level.
Robin brings over 30 years of relevant experience that is directly applicable to people new to the perinatal field. Her friends describe her as smart, funny and the person to go to when a real, viable solution is needed because Robin makes things happen.